Sunday, October 23, 2005

Boosters: Have we forgotten the dream?

If you're of my generation (and my bookwormish bent) you spent your childhood pawing through the cobwebbier sections of your local library, soaking up such classics as the Oz books, as well as yellowed tomes crammed with Chesley Bonestell's gorgeous visions of our future in space.

In case you've forgotten what the future looked like, a dedicated band of geeks remembers.

Here's hoping they can bring their vision to the public to remind us all; maybe the next generation of GPS satellites will have groovy swept wings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Mom used to read science fiction to me before I was old enough to go to school; by the time I turned five, I had pestered her into teaching me to read and took off on my own reading. I remember the excitement (and disappointment in this country) when the Sputnik first went up; was overjoyed to watch the Eagle land when I was in college. (You may have figured out by now that I'm no spring chicken ;)).