Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Boomsticks: They don't make 'em like they used to...

Marko at The Munchkin Wrangler picked up a gorgeous S&W Model 27-2 from us the other day.

I've handled lots of high-end wheelguns over the years: Colt Pythons, the primo single actions from Freedom Arms, even a Korth or two. Every time I play with a Smith & Wesson .357 Magnum (what these guns were called before S&W went to using prosaic model numbers in 1957,) I wonder what the fuss is about in regard to those lesser guns.

Rhapsodizing on his new sidearm (and associated gratuitous gun pr0n) can be found here.

1 comment:

Elmo's aphasiatic twin said...

I love the feeling when that fluted cylinder rolls and locks into place when firing DA. The Model 27 and the poor folks' version, the Model 28, were the finest combat revolvers ever made in my opinion. I carried a Ron Power-tuned 4" Model 28 for many years as a deputy. I wish I still had it. The kids couldn't get by with just Ramen Pride and no clothes.