Friday, January 13, 2006

Bikes: The Rejuvenator.

I've been pretty un-fun company for the last week or so. Long hours at work, various fiscal traumas, and the complete and utter lack of a social life have made me one cranky chick.

So, it was good to see yesterday that HappyHappyFunBike's restorative powers still work. A simple ride down curvy side roads to work, with the helmet visor up and the wind in my face, let me bebop into the shop with a spring in my step and a smile on my mug. It's hard to be stressed out or get too mad about anything when you're wearing a big, goofy grin and have spent the last twenty minutes waving at excited kids in the backs of minivans. Man, kids just go nuts when you wave at 'em from a bike; their eyes light up like they just found a real, live pony under the Christmas tree. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Man, kids just go nuts when you wave at 'em from a bike; their eyes light up like they just found a real, live pony under the Christmas tree. :)"

I don't believe I've ever seen a truer statement made.

I also like the look of abject horror on a soccer mom's face when she realizes that her little Trevor and Madysin are flailing their arms to wave at the burly biker on the Harley next to them.

And he's grinning and waving back...