Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Boomsticks: I Have Made Fire!

I've done plenty of piddling around with AR's before; little stuff like front sight posts, handguards, mag catches, pistol grips, et cetera, but I'd never actually, you know, built one.

I am therefore just absolutely tickled pink to announce that I have turned a Superior Arms stripped lower reciever and a pile of DPMS internal bits into a complete, functioning lower reciever. Yay, me! I wandered around the store yesterday dragging that thing with me like a Raggedy Ann doll, showing pretty much everybody I talked to that "Look! The safety works! It fires! It disconnects! Look! I made this!"

Those of you shaking your heads have to grasp how completely ten-thumbed I am at matters mechanical in order to understand my elation...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

There's no turning back now. Welcome to the dark side.

-SayUncle

Anonymous said...

Cool. I am similarly challenged and was thrilled to death when I built my lower from a parts pile. I wussed out and bought a pre-assembled upper to put on it though.

I may come into posession of another stripped lower soon. I don't really *need* another AR, but if it's just sitting there staring at me ...

Dr. StrangeGun said...

Watch out for your liver, Promethius :)