Saturday, January 21, 2006

Politics: The horror!

"Sell the chalet, Muffy; that Rice woman is transferring us to Kazakhstan."

It must suck to be dozing in a snug sinecure on one day, and suddenly have to work for a living in some godforsaken corner of the earth on the next.

They can probably even save some money by using unpaid student interns to man posts in places like Brussels and Paris:

"Dear Diary,

Third week here in the City of Lights. The Frogs still think we suck. More later."



(H/T to James J. Na)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. I can just see the panic -- "There isn't one four-star restaurant in THE WHOLE COUNTRY? But three-star -- tell me -- why are you shaking your head? What do you mean I'll worship Ronald McDonald by the time I get back?"