Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Blog Stuff: 'Net Advice for AnonyBloggers.

'Net buddy TD has a great post chock full of advice for those blogging anonymously from their own domains. Cool stuff on how to prevent stalkers, snoopers, and 'bots, oh my! Obviously I can't use this because not only am I so uncool that I still use Blogger, but I'm also fairly un-Anonymous. Someday I'll get around to doing the whole my-own-domain-and-Wordpress thingie.

Anyhow, a great moment for me was that he mentioned the Wayback Machine, which jogged my memory about a site long gone. I checked the archive and there it was, in all its 1999 glory: "Bigrig Industries: I'm Drunk And I Own A Gun." Look! Frames! How quaint! How 1990s! Especially, however, do not miss the "I'm A Drunk" and "Curio Guns" essays. Screaming Bay-Area pinkos they may have been, but I probably could have partied with these people until we sobered up and had to go vote.

EDIT: Wow, I remember when Space: 1999 was The Future, and I just used "1999" to describe something as "quaintly retro". Whee! I'm living in The Far Future!

3 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

OMG, I remember the Jazz Butcher. Where has the time gone?

Very cool stuff.

Anonymous said...

Space:1999! That brings back some memories. Funny to be living in our own future so to speak.

See also: " The year is 1987 and NASA launches the last of America's deep space probes..."

JeanC said...

Space: 1999, Buck Rogers in the 25th Century, whoa, memories hehehehehehe