Tuesday, June 19, 2007

News: We're the only ones lost enough...

In yet another rare and isolated incident, another elderly woman gets a visit by a SWAT team who had difficulties reading address numbers.

The raid occurred about 11 a.m. June 8, as Virginia Herrick was settling in to watch “The Price is Right.” She heard a rustling outside her mobile home in Durango West I and looked out to see several men with gas masks and bulletproof vests, she said.

Herrick went to the back door to have a look.

“I thought there was a gas leak or something,” she said.

But before reaching the door, La Plata County Sheriff’s deputies shouted “search warrant, search warrant” and barged in with guns drawn, she said. They ordered Herrick to the ground and began searching the home.


At least Ms. Herrick got proned out rather than aired out, even though she could have hit them with her oxygen bottle or something. That's a step in the right direction, I guess...

(Hat Tip to Unc.)

2 comments:

Matt G said...

Where?

Where's he investigator who asked for the search warrant?

Where's the investigator who obtained the search warrant?

Why are their chins not being cooled by polished silver, plating the platters on their former chief's desk?

Getting the address right and describing the address location in great detail is Cop101 in police academy.

Maybe I just don't get it. Me, if I obtained a search warrant, I'd be part of, you know-- serving the damned thing. And don't give me the old song-and-dance about keeping the officer's cover from being blown-- all he has to do is ride up with 'em and say "that house, right there."

It ain't that hard, folks, to protect the rights of the citizens you serve.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I'd rather have the meth dealers than the stupid SWAT mofos running around half-assed like that.

I can protect myself from a meth-dealer. Not so much with the SWAT goons.