Saturday, June 23, 2007

Oh, thank gawd you're back!

I've missed you guys so much! The 'net just stopped responding, and I've been sitting here for the last 24 hours clicking "refresh" as my eyes slowly glazed over.

Well, that, and talking to Matt G on the phone. Hi, Matt!

I ran by Border's, got some books, and did a little bit of reading, too; more on which later.

Oh, and picked up my laundry from the laundry place.

...and stopped by McScrooge's for some Ruination and a bottle of Old Ruffian Barley Wine. I'll report on that last later tonight; I have high hopes. (Barleywines are kind of a new thing for me; so far I've loved Stone's Old Guardian and Rogue's Old Crustacean, been indifferent toward's Flying Dog's Horn Dog, and thought that Talon from Mendocino and Dogfish Head's Olde School were icky.)

And gunsmith Bob stopped by and we went to McKay's and I got more books, and then we stopped at Kroger so I could get some groceries and fresh citronella candles for the porch.

But other than that, I spent the whole time the 'net connection was down clicking the 'refresh' button and missing y'all.

7 comments:

Zendo Deb said...

But other than that, I spent the whole time the 'net connection was down clicking the 'refresh' button and missing y'all.

Sounds like someone may be a little bit addicted to the interw3bs.

Zendo Deb said...

I'm surprised you didn't die a horrible screaming death in the interim. (Sorry, but I couldn't resist.)

Tracy said...

Barleywines are good, but my fave is a good American Double IPA. He'Brew makes a good example. Try this link:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/262/30970

WW said...

Have you tried the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot?

Tracy said...

Tonight I'm drinking Moe's Backroom Pale Ale, by Tap Room No. 21 Brewing Co. in LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Strange brew (sorry, couldn't resist; Cream's another one of those bluesrock fusion bands I love); I'm not sure why they call it a pale ale 'cause it certainly doesn't taste like one. More like a Belgian wild-yeast brew, actually. Kind of a wet-dog taste and aroma. Not at all bad, though.

Tracy said...

Nope; I've heard of it though. Love to try it if I could find it around here.

Anonymous said...

Be careful with the citronella, Tam. Bears LOVE citronella!