Monday, August 13, 2007

Kroger is only three miles away or so...

...and I only need a couple of things, so why do I feel like I'm trying to psych myself up for the Bataan Death March? I mean, I've hopped in the car and zipped to Nashville or Atlanta with more spontaneity than this. It's probably something to do with my sleep cycle getting seriously out of whack.

Left to my druthers, I'm a night owl. Sleeping 'til noon and staying up deep into the night, even seeing the occasional dawn, is what feels normal to me. However, I've been on a daytime work cycle for a few years now and my inner clock is just confused as all get out now that it can set its own hours again. I really don't want to have to forcibly set a schedule with pills and alarm clocks until it takes. I mean really. It always leaves me feeling like I've been run over by a bus when I do that. I'd rather just ease into it...

3 comments:

Matt G said...

Do it this way:

Cheat yourself on sleep.

No, wait. Hear me out.

Give yourself 6 hours of sleep a day, max, but don't make a real work schedule. You won't be tired, because, well hell-- bloggin' and coffee and beer drinkin' don't wear a person out that much. But you'll be pushing yourself into a prescribed schedule, and will be ready for sleep when the sleeping time comes.

Strangely, I get a LOT more done when I'm a little minus on sleep.

I also am not right when I'm sleeping days.

You, as I, probably have an internal clock that would much prefer it if we could slow the earth's rotation to one turn in about 28 hours. 4 more hours for wakey-wake, two more for sleep.

I can't seem to convince anyone to help me make this happen, though...

Anonymous said...

My body naturally wants to go to bed at about 5:30 AM and get up around 2 in the afternoon. School's going to kick my ass this fall.

phlegmfatale said...

wow, your clock is just like mine.