Friday, May 02, 2008

I've dragged my feet as long as I could...

...but the Z3 definitely needs to be sold. It's a little silly for me to sit around all broke and lonesome when I've got a paid-for Bimmer in the garage that only gets driven three or four times a week. I'll put it on fleaBay Motors tomorrow, but I figured I'd mention it here first in case any of y'all would like a crack at it at a special VFTP Price.

It's a '98 BMW Z3 2.8 5-spd manual, silver, with a black leather interior and black top, and I have the tonneau cover that goes with it. I was, I believe, the second owner when I bought it in '01 with 30k miles on it, and it now has 100k, at least a third of which are highway miles from roadtrips to and from Atlanta, Augusta, Chattanooga, Indianapolis, and Nashville. Power everything, including seats and top; heated seats; factory premium stereo w/six disc changer; sports suspension package w/17" wheels & tires. I have all the docs, all the paperwork since I bought it, and a clear Tennessee title. It's in great shape, with only a little ding in the snout and a small scuff or two in the clearcoat on the rear bumper that you have to be looking for to notice. It does leak a little around the top seals in heavy rain if stationary and not parked nose up, but the seals aren't cracked and are probably revivable with some sort of rubber conditioner. Speak before I list it tomorrow and the price is $10k.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check yer email

Anonymous said...

Someone stole your blog title. And he's in Tennessee. And he's a politician.

staghounds said...

And new tires!

For what it's worth to the readers, I've seen and driven this car. You underdescribe it- lovely condition and well maintained.

I'm not in the car business, but I just pulled $4000 for my dam's 1990 lowest grade Mercedes with 140,000 on the clock.

This seems like a bargain.

Jeffro said...

Selling the car is the logical move, but it hurts. I've kicked myself in the butt (now that is some trick) many times for selling my old 'Vette, even if it was the correct decision.

staghounds said...

He did! Hilarious. I'm telling the News Sentinel and the Tennesseean...



So I told my littermate about you selling the car.

L.- "Some internet stalker will probably buy it".

S.- "On the internet, we call them fans."

L.- "Still..."

S.- "As long as he doesn't try to pay with stalker dollars, so what? Not selling him her car won't stop him from being a stalker."

L.- "He'll probably try to kidnap her when they meet to do the deal."

S.- "Good luck with that, he should start with an easier target. Like Vladimir Putin."

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but this post is worthless without pics.

Anonymous said...

Then pics it is.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_6PbD56mSkS8/R1pSMiRsgJI/AAAAAAAAAWU/lNNttduo4ew/s1600-h/snowz3.jpg

http://bp1.blogger.com/_6PbD56mSkS8/RrYQYwwmnoI/AAAAAAAAAK4/-TcluZ3J-Jc/s1600-h/porch1.jpg

Anonymous said...

"FAIL"

Try again?

http://tinyurl.com/6s3xkn

http://tinyurl.com/54qlae

dave said...

Does it come with the auto-fellating goats in the second picture?

Tam said...

Kinky livestock not included.

Anonymous said...

Is someone a stalker if he just buys the driver's seat? Just asking... OldeForce

staghounds said...

Hey, the relationship between a goat and a car is a personal and beautiful thing.

Even if the goat does burn its lips occasionally.

(Yes, I know what it really means. I couldn't resist though.)