Thursday, July 23, 2009

Fun Fact #351:

The house is very quiet. Roomie is at work, the dishwasher has stopped, the geriatricats are asleep and whatever mischief Random Numbers is getting into in the next room isn't making any noise.

Between a combination of very faint tinnitus and the soft tones given off by various appliances around the house, my inner ear is somehow playing the opening notes of "Where The Streets Have No Name", by U2.

Of course the clatter of the keyboard as I started typing this ruined the effect, but it was kinda neat while it lasted.

6 comments:

og said...

do you have any silver fillings? sometimes my fillings pick up WTAS Crete, if its quiet.

Bruce H. said...

>> ... my inner ear is somehow playing the opening notes of "Where The Streets Have No Name" ...

I get that sometimes, but it's not usually a recognizable tune. Sounds like a radio in the next room, not quite loud enough to make out what they're saying or singing.

Timmeehh said...

I just hear voices in my head telling me to k... never mind.

Anonymous said...

I just get a bit of white noise. Really, just enough to screw up my appreciation of my CD collection. Boo.

Jim

Robert Langham said...

There's always this solution:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-8xLVTkb_o

montanabob said...

Faint tinnitus. Well, good for you. You don't want what I have--loud tinnitus. People in the lab think it's funny I can't hear some of the beepers on equipment. I don't. Crickets? Can't hear them from my left ear, but can with my right. Reasons--too much shooting/being around shotguns as a kid with no ear protection. Thank you trap guys. Then, the jobs in the wood shop, garbage man, loud cars, loud stereos, etc etc. Ho hum, and I'm only 40. I do somedays think about getting hearing aids.