Saturday, June 30, 2012

Overheard in the Office...

Setup: I am sitting at my VFTP Command Central, reading the intertubes, with a copy of Car & Driver in my hand. Bobbi is standing behind me. I turn and start to stand up...
RX: "Oh...! No!"

Me: "What?"

RX: "The toilet bowl has cleaner in it."

*momentarily nonplussed, I grasp for an equally non sequitur-ish reply*

Me: "Ummmm... The street is paved with asphalt!"

RX: "You were standing up with a magazine in your hand..."

Me: "I was sitting here with a magazine in my hand. What did you expect me to do with it when I stood up? Drop it?"

*'thwap' went the magazine on the floor, by way of illustrating my point*

RX: "And what do people in this house do when they stand up with a magazine in their hand?"

Me: "Uh, go somewhere and read it?"

RX: *a note of triumph creeping into her voice* "Go to the bathroom and read it! That is a toilet magazine!"
While this is arguably true, or at least full of truthiness, it did not happen to be correct on this occasion. Although, now that you mention it...


16 comments:

fast richard said...

I guess my question would have been "So, do you want me to flush both before and after?"

Of course my housekeeping standards may not be as strict as Roberta's. My first wife insisted that I was completely blind to dirt.

Carteach said...

I understood every word of that.

Perhaps I should go have a nice lie down.

AuricTech said...

That is a toilet magazine!

What caliber is your toilet, and how many rounds does your toilet magazine hold?

harqueb.us said...

Had it been a Road & Track, we could no longer be friends.

Joseph said...

What Caliber for Toilets?

Jerry said...

BOO! Just trying to help.

og said...

Alimentary, my dear Watson.

Kristophr said...

I didn't know toilets were expendable ammunition.

I would rather not discuss reloading them.

JohninMd(help!) said...

I've heard of potty humor, but dat's redickulus....jest sayin'. JohninMd(help)

doubletrouble said...

Right.
TMI.

Brad K. said...

Thanks for reminding me of an obscure post from Honji's Harangue (note, I disagree with most of what Honji has to say) that touches on (Presidential) bathroom media.

Ken O said...

The beauty of a smart phone: I always have a newspaper when nature calls.

Skip said...

There is a bookcase and a magazine rack next to the throne.

Anonymous said...

had a race car magazine editor tell me, "Face it, we're a bathroom magazine. If you can't read an article while taking a dump, it's too long."

NotClauswitz said...

Car & Driver was an essential early subscription following our return from overseas, and taught us a good deal of snarkiness, sarcasm, and rebellion. Road & Track was a pincushion of vapid self-importance.

Scott J said...

I've been unable to read CD since Csaba Csere left. What they publish now makes "Motor Trend" look like the work of David E. Davis Jr. It's like one endless advert.

I've been trashing them unread for over a year now regretting that extended subscription I bought before all the staff changes every time.