Monday, June 25, 2012

Overheard in Roomie's Bedroom...

As part of her elaborate system of alarm clocks, which includes a cell phone and a giant red tabby tomcat, roomie has the TeeWee in her bedroom cut on to the AM local news at 0dark30. This requires turning it on briefly the night before to make sure the time is set correctly and the volume is set to "ow". I was in there talking to her last night as she was setting it, and the local news was on...
Newscaster: "Alex Trebek, host of the popular game show Jeopardy!, was rushed to the hospital today. We'll be back with the story after the break."

Me: "Uh, 'What is a heart attack'?"
Turns out I was right. I've always been pretty good at Jeopardy!.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take semi-dead celebrities for $200.

Gerry

Turk Turon said...

I'll take "Celebrity News Promos" for fifty dollars, Alex.

Robert said...

I'd never do well on Jeopardy because I despise the "answer in the form of a question" format.

Kristophr said...

The volume is set to "ow"?

That would be 11 on the dial?

Rob Reed said...

Turns out he's in jeopardy, instead of on Jeopardy.

Rob (Trebor)

Gerry Owen said...

Volume is set to OW? I'm probably too old to understand. I set my alarms at WFO. W is for wide. O is for open. You'll have to surmise, conjecture, guess about F.