Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

So, here we are in 2013 and we are not celebrating Thanksgiving by taking our turkey dinner in pill form while dressed like the Jetsons, looking out the window at all the flying cars.

Conversely, we are not defending our Thanksgiving dinner of raw pigeon from the cannibal mobs of a howling Malthusian wasteland, either, so there's that.

The president's wife, acting in her capacity as Marie Antoinette, suggested a family holiday feast featuring a main course of sanctimonious moralizing with partisan gravy and tone-deaf giblets:
As you spend time with loved ones this holiday season, be sure to talk with them about what health care reform can mean to them,
Boy, I'll bet dinner table conversations with Michelle are just a laugh riot. Seriously, is there anyplace outside college Young Maoist's clubs where people actually talk like that? I'm beginning to feel sorry for Sasha and Malia; their dad seems like he can at least do normal human dad-type stuff okay, but I'm now almost certain that their mom would fail a Voight-Kampff test.

I'll be ignoring the wishes of FLOTUS. Instead today I will eat turducken and surf the 'tubes, pet a cat, take some pictures, maybe play some computer games or watch a movie, and be thankful for good friends, books, bikes, and boomsticks.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
.

24 comments:

MoBoondocks said...

Happy Thanksgiving Tam.

Scott J said...

Happy Thanksgiving. In my long list of things I'm thankful for I include being geek enough to get and completely relish that Blade Runner reference.

Ken said...

Don't get your turkey from Shimato-Rodriguez. They're syntho.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Bob said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Bobbie, Tam.

Murphy's Law said...

Best to you and yours today as well.

Kevin said...

All the best from Casa Baker to you and yours.

Paul said...

Turkey-Duck_Chicken? What kind of poultry farms do they have back there?

May you and Bobbie have a great Thanksgiving.

Kevin said...

All the best from us a Casa Baker to you and yours.

libertyman said...

Happy Thanksgiving, I am thankful for all I have learned and enjoyed from all my internet connections.

rickn8or said...

Is there anything that TOTUS and FLOTUS do not inject themselves uninvited?

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Porch Viewers and all the citizens of Roseholme Cottage.

Chris said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Tam!

I won't be talking about health care, either. My lovely wife has laid down the law on any such stuff, especially since we're eating over at her sister's house, and everyone else coming there is a howling leftist, including two university professors (but I repeat myself).

Alien said...

I would like to extend my wishes for a very happy Thanksgiving to you, Bobbi, Ranni and Huck.

And thanks for the adventures, education, and enjoyment, of the past year.

Steve Skubinna said...

Michelle, like Al Gore, often gives the impression that she has not yet mastered the human suit. They will be doing their best, asking questions like "So, hyoo-man, how do you estimate the chances of your preferred professional sporting organization in today's competitive event?" and a six foot long tongue extends, snags a passing rodent, and the press corps hurridly cuts to a station break.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Aaron said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

While FLOTUS & Co can wallow tonight in their Obamacare induced coma of fail, the rest of us will be partaking of the finest of American traditions of giving thanks along with turkey and all the trimmings.

Anonymous said...

I thought we were suppose to talk about gun safety according to Pope Bloomberg on Thanksgiving?

Me, I'm for less talking, more eating!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Bobbie.

Gerry

Robert said...

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Tam, and don't turn your back on Huck when the food is on the table.

Angus McThag said...

We will stay of FLOTUS' preferred topic here because we don't watch sports, that gives idle hands too much time to make torches and pitchforks.

Keads said...

Have a great day Tam!

J.R.Shirley said...

Happy Thanksgiving, sis.

John

Tango Juliet said...

Chart a course to the Tannhauser Gate.

Ed said...

"Let them eat brioche" predates Marie Antoinette:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_them_eat_cake

And Wendy's:

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-11-26/wendy-s-kills-its-popular-pretzel-bun-for-brioche


ASM826 said...

If "health care reform" as it is being presented means anything, it means we are just a bit closer to having to defending our Thanksgiving dinner of raw pigeon from the cannibal mobs of a howling Malthusian wasteland.

We did not discuss politics at dinner. Maybe the people I was with for dinner just didn't want to push that button to see what I would have to say.

mikee said...

At my family get togethers, the arguments over autism caused by vaccines still run wild. I quietly reach for the gravy boat and continue eating whenever this subject erupts, because I am not insane nor do I want to argue with my non-scientific relatives about something that requires an understanding of biochem.

On the other hand, I will throw down whenever brother John starts in on the flying saucer coverups. That is just good clean family fun, in my opinion.