Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Grandma? You look funny..."

I've gone down hard on motorcycles a few times, the kind of cataclysmic get-offs where, once the world and sky stop spinning and return to their regular places, you lie there and realize that you're not going to hop up and walk this off and so you just lay there for a bit to see what happens next.

I have to admit that this would have startled me:
Attorney Stephen Stubbs said his client, 29-year-old Ryan Chesley, was on Interstate 15 in Las Vegas at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday when a taxi cut him off and he went down.

Stubbs said Chesley was lying on the ground when he looked up and recognized Tyson, who was yelling at people not to touch Chesley in case they inflicted further injuries.
Although, given how odd my dreams are, I guess I wouldn't be terribly shocked if the last thing I hallucinated as my CPU powered down for the final time was Mike Tyson directing traffic rather than Grandma beckoning at the end of a bright tunnel...
.