Sunday, December 28, 2014

Question...

Anybody know someone who sells carbine-length AR barrels in .223 WSSM? Shoot me an email or FB message if you do. I'm getting my biannual urge to make my silly project gun, and I've belatedly realized that, given the magic of my MGI QCB upper, it can be a casual dalliance and not a long-term commitment.

Why? Because I want to take pictures of the fireball at night, that's why. Seriously, that's pretty much the main reason. I'm not even going to try to rationalize it with fantasies of taking the thing prairie-dogging or anything. It's just for the noise and the light show and the "Hurr-hurr-hurr!" factor.

Heck, I might build a pistol lower. I wonder how hard it would be to get that thing to run even semi-reliably out of an 11.5" tube? You'd need a gas port measured in microns, probably...
.