Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Tall Tale...

So, Bobbi has this little collection of Magnetic Personalities finger puppets on the refrigerator that she picked up from lord only knows where: Albert Einstein, the Less Bad Roosevelt, and that favorite son of the Circle City, Kurt Vonnegut.

This morning I was getting a tasty beverage from the fridge when I noticed the absence of Theodore Roosevelt from his usual spot in the lineup. Somehow, TR had gotten jostled and slid from his position at the top right corner of the fridge all the way down to the bottom left corner*. And out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a large yellow tomcat noticing the 26th President and heading right for him! I quickly returned the little finger puppet to its proper place on the fridge.

And that's how I saved Teddy Roosevelt from a tiger.


*Coincidentally, a metaphor for my feelings about Teddy the more I studied the historical record.
.