Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Almost to the halfway point.

Drove out to MCF&G yesterday morning with a stack of PMC .45ACP boxes from Lucky Gunner in the passenger seat. I didn't have a ton of time, but I was pretty sure I could knock out two hundred rounds pretty quickly. I'd added a fourth Wilson 47D magazine, since we stock them at work and I'd purchased one the other day.

Note the Slip 2000 weeping from the frame rails.
The 200 rounds went by uneventfully, although that's a lot of mag changing. Several years of shooting the M&P 9 has skewed my expectations regarding mag capacity. Nowadays, eight rounds feels dangerously close to needing a mag change, not like a full gun.

Each target got a hundred rounds from ten yards. Most of the hits on the left hand target would have stayed on the proverbial 3x5" card. I'm gradually getting better.
This brings the total rounds fired to 900 since the weapon was last cleaned or lubricated, with one failure to go into battery on round #356 and a failure to feed on round #513. 1,100 rounds to go.
.
.