Monday, March 07, 2016

Still just almost there.

Dipping into the dregs of my .380 ammo supply. Pictured is one box of Lucky Gunner's 95gr Fiocchi FMJ that turned up in the trunk of the car after I thought I was out, along with a half-box of S&B FMJ that was likewise found under some old targets in the trunk. The Federal RTP I purchased at the store. This gave me 126 rounds to run through the gun.

Feeling frisky, like I'd gotten the hang of this DAO trigger, I ran the target out to fifteen yards, which was obviously a mistake. Wound up with three in the 8 ring and one that barely clips the outside of the 7.

There were no malfunctions of any type to report.

That's 1752 rounds fired since the gun was last cleaned or lubricated, with one failure to go completely into battery (#447) and one failure to fire (#1578). 248 rounds to go.
.