Thursday, May 19, 2016

Lazy...

So, my .357SIG conversion barrel for the Glock 35 arrived yesterday.

Now, when I converted the gun over to 9mm, I didn't just drop in the barrel, but I also changed to a 9mm extractor and (because this it a Gen4 gun) a 9mm recoil spring assembly.

While I was up in the attic in the afternoon, I dug out the plastic capsule containing the original .40 barrel, extractor, and RSA. Late last night, while doing laundry after watching Archer, I field-stripped the pistol to change it over to .357SIG...

...only to be reminded that I had also put the trigger mechanism housing with a 9mm ejector in it and the original trigger mechanism housing with the .40 ejector was still up in the attic. (Further complicating things, the Gen4 guns also have a .357SIG-specific ejector, in addition to the 9 and .40...) This would have entailed retrieving the part from the attic, detail-stripping the frame, moving all the trigger guts over to the new housing...

I just couldn't be arsed.

This project can wait 'til Sunday night.
.