Wednesday, June 01, 2016

Confidence booster...

Last week's dismal outings with the Glock 32 having left a bad taste in my mouth, I decided on a quick stop at the range to cheer myself up and maybe regain a little confidence.

I had a couple partial boxes of .40 FMJ left over from the M&P Shield test article. Consolidated, it was thirty-five rounds of .40 that I had no real plans for, so I divvied it up between three mags and dropped the factory barrel back in the Glock 35.

On the way to the grocery store, I detoured to Indy Arms Co and ran in with ear muffs in one hand and a zippered pistol pouch in the other. "I just need a freebie target and a place to stand and launch bullets for a couple minutes," I said, sliding my driver's license across the counter to hold a lane.

"That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy."
Run the target out to a nice, easy five yards and pop through the three magazines at a relaxed, metronome pace... BOOM-one-thousand-BOOM-two-thousand-BOOM...

That felt better.

I went on to the grocery store in an altogether better mood.
.