Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Home again, home again...

Yesterday started with a 2½-hour ride from FTW Ranch to the airport in San Antonio at 7:30 AM and finished with a taxi depositing me at Roseholme Cottage at 7:30 PM.

I'm pretty exhausted and suffering the inevitable letdown of a fantastic weekend. It was my first big press event wearing my shiny new Handgun Editor title from Shooting Illustrated, and getting a chance to see Massad Ayoob, Michael Bane, and Denny Hansen again was a lot of fun. Made new friends, shot a bunch of other people's ammo, saw some breathtaking scenery and exotic species of deer. If heaven ain't a lot like this past weekend, I don't wanna go.

I have a bajillion photos...well, six hundred and something, actually...to sort through and I'll post some up, but first I have to drive up to Lafayette to pick up the gun I won at the Greater Lafayette Friends of the NRA banquet last week. That's right, after all the little tickets I've bought in all those corny little games at all those banquets, I finally won a gat: A Sig Sauer P320 Carry in 9mm.

I'll write more when I get back.
.