Thursday, January 05, 2017

Overheard in the Hallway...

RX: *looking at toothbrush to which she has just applied toothpaste* "Oh, that's the wrong toothbrush."

Me: "What do you mean 'wrong toothbrush'? Do you have a toothbrush you use on your feet or something?"

RX: "No, it's an old one, I was going to put it in the dishwasher and then put it in the jar of old toothbrushes on the kitchen counter I use for cleaning."

Me: "Yeah...I have a confession to make. I've thrown a few of those out over the years."

RX: "I was saving those..."

Me: "There wasn't enough room for them in the jar!"

RX: "Then start another jar! Those toothbrushes were the chapters in the story of my life!"

Me: "Do you believe in some weird afterlife where you're suspended by the ankles upside down in a barrel of all the toothbrushes you've thrown away?"

RX: "What minty fresh hell is this?"
You can tell whose parents lived through the Great Depression and whose were early Boomers.
.