Thursday, February 23, 2017

Single-Handed

Glock 43, Surefire E2D Ultra, and the coolest pocket notebook ever.
So, one thing I hadn't done with the Glock 43 yet was any one-handed work. I was curious to see how well the little thing ran with light 115gr ball ammo and only one paw on the gun, plus it would be a chance to do some shooting using gun-and-flashlight techniques, which I hadn't done since Chuck Haggard's little pistol clinic at Paul-E-Palooza a couple years ago.

I started out with the target at three yards and just put two magazines into each of the colored shapes in the top right corner, shooting strong-hand-only and taking my time about it. Then I ran the target out to five yards and shot multiple shot strings at the upper A-zone, using the neck index technique with the flashlight. Lastly, I put the target out at seven yards and shot another fifty rounds in multiple-shot strings at the lower A-zone, using the Harries technique.

There were no malfunctions of any type to report.

This makes 1,500 rounds fired since the gun was cleaned or lubricated with no malfunctions. 500 rounds to go.
.