Monday, January 21, 2013

Neon lights, Nobel Prize...


It's been pretty much all-Messiah, all the time on the TeeWee and NPR all weekend.

Saturday after the fun show, Shootin' Buddy and I went to the Sushi Bar on Broad Ripple Ave, and the whole time I was eating lunch, the television over the bar was tuned to CNN, which was alternating between shots of the president and first lady making googly eyes at each other while painting a bookshelf on the "National Day of Service", montages of Michelle's hairdos, and a bunch of anchors sitting in folding chairs on a lawn in DC where, presumably, the anointed one would be re-anointed in 48 hours... no, 47 hours and 59 minutes... 58 minutes...

NPR had an hour-long talk show about Michelle's inaugural ball gown Friday and NBC had a fifteen-minute spot on the First Portuguese Water Dog yesterday.

Funny, I don't remember all this hooraw in January of '05...

Heck, by comparison, the media only kinda-sorta liked Clinton a little bit. They've got a boner for this guy and everything associated with him like he was JFK risen from the grave...

21 comments:

Joseph said...

They've got a boner for this guy and everything associated with him like he was JFK risen from the grave...

Nah, Zombie JFK would have better ideas and less rhetoric. And a huge hole on the backside of his skull.

Woodman said...

"Nah, Zombie JFK would have better ideas and less rhetoric. And a huge hole on the backside of his skull."

And would still pick up hot chicks.

Unknown said...

Racist.

Anonymous said...

A boner isn't racist.
It's sexist...


gfa

Dan Crenshaw said...

"They've got a boner for this guy"

and in other news; water is wet

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about this National Day of Service. Going by the amount of taxes I paid last year, every working day in January, February and March is a day of service for me.

And I know I'm getting off easy.

Rob

Anonymous said...

Tam, thanks for the ear-worm. I'll be humming that bloody tune for days to come.


Cheers- Rusty Ray

wolfwalker said...

Not JFK. FDR.

Woodman said...

What is it with Democratic Presidents going by their initials?


rickn8or said...

I still giggle every time I get a reminder that Ted Kennedy gave the Øbmamas a Portuguese Water Dog...

JohninMd.(HELP?) said...

Wait, what? you were in a public resteraunt eatin' SUSHI, while watching The Commie News Network? And didn't get sick? Humph. A constitution like that, and your worried 'bout a lil' ol skin cancer? Pffft. Did my day of service, went to the Gun Aprecation rally at the State House here in Mordor. not a bad crowd for Md., with only a week to gin it up, 300-500 folks.

Old Grouch said...

Hey, I was around when Kennedy was inaugurated, and the media lovefest was just as sickening back then.

@Woodman, I believe it started because so many of Roosevelt II's supporters couldn't remember how to spell "Delano." ;)

Anonymous said...

Most unfair to compare Obama to JFK.

Obama hasn't even come close to starting a nuclear war.

Tam said...

"Obama hasn't even come close to starting a nuclear war."

...and if the Iranians don't get off their ass, he might never have that chance.

Woodman said...

Can I give the internet I won a few months ago back to you Tam? After that one I'm not worthy to keep it.

David said...

I found this site because I replaced the sights on my PX4 Compact with Meprolight sights. Then I started looking around and found this post is awesome. I'm gonna keep on going.
Thanks!

dave said...

On the plus side, the media is so busy gushing over the President that they haven't had time to talk about gun control.

Anonymous said...

Boner? These people are bottoms. They want Obama to roughly throw them on the kitchen table with crockery smashing on the floor.

Mike James

Woodman said...

Oh, Mr. President, show me your stimulus package and tell me how you rammed PPACA through congress again!!!!

Ken said...

Took me an extra day to figure out why the headline sounded familiar...(cue Burnin' Vernon Reid, followed by an quantity of headbanging that might actually be dangerous for someone my age)

Precision said...

Nah a risen JFK would be much more comfortable rubbing elbows with the other Boner. You know the one in the Republican (turned democratic) party.