Monday, April 08, 2013

I have to say it was a good day...

Chamber of Commerce weather here in Broad Ripple yesterday, 74 degrees and severe clear. Brigid and I went down to the Broad Ripple Brewpub for lunch and some chillin', and it seemed half of the Indy metro area had the same general idea; we were lucky to find on-street parking only a couple blocks from the Monon Trail.

Mary had a little lamb, a little pâté, a little ham...
There was a general sense of winter cobwebs being blown off things in the neighborhood...

Rites of Spring: Getting the dust out of the SU carburettors.
Later in the afternoon, I pedaled the Broad Ripple SUV over to Fresh Market and grabbed some salad and a brace of huge bakin' 'taters while Roomie got the charcoal grill going for its first grilling of 2013. Then we enjoyed watching Archer (the current episode, and then that classic from the first season, "Diversity Hire") while eating steak and potatoes. I have to say it was a good day.

8 comments:

RevolverRob said...

Ahh, Diversity Hire is one of my favorite episodes. "Conway that was like..." "A Charles Whitman sampler platter?"

That line never ceases to crack me up, yes it's tacky, tasteless, and crude. As a graduate of the University of Texas, I and the other eight grads I know who have seen that episode, all approve.

-Rob

Virginian said...

You didn't even have to use your AK?

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a perfect day.

Joanna said...

It took me two viewings to realize Cheryl was hearing the musical stings. "Shut up, John Williams!"

Home on the Range said...

In looking at my photo later, I was thinking the car was a 1961 Triumph. If so, the hard top is a fairly rare find. I'd have paid money to take that for a spin around the neighborhood.

Tam said...

My handy in-house British Sports Car Nerd says MGA*, but whatever it is, it would be fun to zoom about in! :D


*Actually, it was more like "Ooh! Wow! MGA! Neat!" ;)

Anonymous said...

An MGA with a hard-top. Rare or rarer! [The cut-out on the TR's doors let you rub off the elbows of your sweater - that's why they sold those leather patches, don't you know...]
OldeForce

Chris said...

That is an MGA Coupe, and this will be the only time of year its not too warm to ride in. Nice spot.