Thursday, December 30, 2021

From discussion elsewhere...

Someone was soliciting recommendations for camera cases that would stand up to the gentle ministrations of airport ramp rats:
I was gonna say, my cameras ride up top with me. 😬 If I had kids, I'd check them into the hold before trusting the baggage handlers with my cameras.

"Make sure to text mommy if they try and put you in the unpressurized hold!"
I'm still recommending the Think Tank Airport Advantage, which you can sweetly and politely point out to gate personnel has been expressly designed to fit into the overhead bins of even the smallest Executive Mailing Tubes. 

(According to Amazon, I bought that thing in summer of 2018, coming up on four years ago, which means that it and the Peak Design Messenger Bag have been my constant travel kit since then. I went through three different travel setups between 2015 and 2018, and have used the same one since then. Camera bags are kinda like holsters that way...)