Thursday, August 23, 2018

Last shots, first shots...

Yesterday morning saw me at Indy Arms Company, putting the last few rounds through the Charter Arms Bulldog XL in .45 Colt before writing up the review for Shooting Illustrated.

I also put the first hundred rounds through the Gen5 Glock 26, which I'll be writing up for the same outlet. The G26 was my first time shooting with both hands on the pistol since the accident back in May. It's going to take a while before my support hand is contributing to the performance like it should, but at least I can keep it on the gun now.

The single cylinder of .45 Colt Winchester Silvertips was fired strong-hand-only at five yards. Lots of muzzle flash, but you can see it shot pretty well POA/POI at that distance.

The hundred rounds of Winchester (Winchester 124gr NATO FMJ and Ranger 124gr +P FMJ) was also fired at five yards, and trying to build up a little speed in my shooting again. The difference in shooting this 26 and the Glock 43 is like night and day. I need to try shooting some drills on the clock with both guns side-by-side.
.