Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Home Again...

It was exactly this time a week ago that I was gassing up the Bimmer in a cold spitting rain and fixing to head west. I spent last Wednesday night in a Holiday Inn in Joplin, then headed out in the morning for Dallas.

Inexplicably, I'd entered the wrong Holiday Inn as my destination in the Big D and therefore had to backtrack... in Dallas traffic which I dearly hate ...another fifteen minutes to get to my actual end point, the Holiday Inn Express in Plano, where I laid my weary head to rest the next four nights before departing homeward on Monday morning.

Monday night was spent at the Holiday Inn in Springfield, Missouri (worth a post in its own right) and yesterday was spent driving eighty miles an hour through six-ish hours of cold rain in a noisy, leaky convertible to get back to Broad Ripple before things got all rush hour-y here in the Circle City. Other than a bit of cursing on 38th Street, I mostly made it, hitting the garage at Roseholme Cottage at ten minutes to five, local.

I know a 25 inch monitor is smallish by modern standards, but it looks like a damned billboard after a week spent playing PhotoShop on a 13" MacBook Air.

.