Monday, March 14, 2022

Kandy-Kolored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby


I was sitting on the patio at Twenty Tap yesterday enjoying one of their crispy Southern chicken sandwiches and a pint of Pull My Finger from Bad Dad Brewing up in Fairmount, IN when this thing caught my ear. It droned north on College Avenue and I regretted the fact that the plastic sheeting enclosing the patio for the winter months hadn't yet come down for the season.

But then, lo! Only a few minutes later the rider came bombing back south towards us and pulled into the parking lot next door, dismounting to join his lunch companion at Twenty Tap. "Nice bike!" I blurted, passing him on my way out the door with my camera.

Nikon D2X & 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G

I didn't look on the block for the displacement, but chain drive, teardrop tank, DOHC... I'm thinking that makes this a CB750K of '79-'82 vintage. (The bigger CB900 Custom had shaft drive and the CB750F and CB900F had the more faired-in "pistol grip" gas tanks.)

Anyway, this thing really pushed my buttons. Definitely would ride.