Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Automotif DXXI...


An old rear-wheel drive JDM (Japanese Domestic Market) AE86 Toyota Corolla Levin all set up for drifting. Good-looking ride and sounded pretty healthy.


The last generation of RWD Corollas ran from the '83 to '87 model years and are just Peak Eighties for me. Very Synthwave. I could get into driving one, although I think I'd prefer keeping it a lot closer to stock in the wheel & suspension department. You can tell that encountering the wrong speed bump or pothole in that thing would be disastrous.

I mean, neither the Zed Drei or the Mustang has a ton of ground clearance or what you'd call a cushy suspension, but the difference in sidewall height between the two sets of tires makes a world of difference on rough springtime pavement here in Indy.