Saturday, September 26, 2009

Back home again in Indiana...

On the road all day, so forgive my lack of loquaciousness.

On the other hand, I stopped at the superawesome National Gun Day show in Louisville on the way home. If you've never been, I highly recommend it. I stood at one table and, by stretching my fingers as far as I could, my pinkie was on a .45 Savage and my thumb was touching a Springfield M1903 with the Pedersen Device. Both were for sale; it was very nearly a religious experience.

Borchardts? 2. Webley-Fosberys? 3. Kynoch revolvers? 2. A whole showcase full of Bren Tens. More transferable Hotchkiss machine guns in one room than you've ever seen. So many Triple-Locks and Registered Magnums and 1902 Colts and Luger carbines that I got museum fatigue.

I'll write more normal stuff in the morning, after the glow has worn off...

8 comments:

Brian Dale said...

Wow. Just...wow. It's out of my league, but I'm grateful that such shows exist. Good for you, and pleasant dreams.

daddyquatro said...

Shameless self-promotion.
But WTF!
Not interested in victory?
Then why the hell did you run for the office?

Tango Juliet said...

Yeah, and you left your roomie to man the ramparts all by her lonesome!

Fortunately she's fierce. :)

Anonymous said...

Pedersen (who worked with JMB) also developed the Remington Model 51 pistol.......a very nice design


Noel

Kristophr said...

I'd be more impressed with a case full of Bren 10 magazines.

Finding the pistols themselves is actually possible.

theirritablearchitect said...

I'm still jonesin' about that Lux-sourced FN49 that you saw from a few months ago.

Cash.

Anyone know how to come by some for free?

Tam said...

"I'd be more impressed with a case full of Bren 10 magazines."

He had spare mags for sale, too. I didn't ask.

Kristophr said...

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.