Saturday, April 15, 2017

Two hundred more...

Took the Wilson to Indy Arms Company along with two hundred rounds of Speer Lawman 147gr FMJ on Friday morning.

The group in the 8" circle should be labeled "150 rds".
Somewhere during a long string of fire in the first box of ammo, I noticed that the dot in the front sight wasn't glowing green anymore, but was instead a sort of target-colored circle. The fiber optic rod had been spit out after some 3,000 total rounds. This happens. It's why the sights ship with extra rods.

Kept shooting without a rod in the front sight.

During one long mag dump in the last fifty round box, my grip was starting to fall apart thanks to sweaty hands and lack of good physical conditioning. As I was shifting my hands around to rebuild my grip, my trigger finger said "Oh, that's a good sight picture!" and did its job. The result would be that low left shot. A good grip is important.

There were no malfunctions of any type to report.

This makes 1,600 rounds fired since the Wilson was last cleaned or lubed, with one FTE not charged to the gun at round #29. 400 rounds to go.
.