Saturday, September 29, 2018

A Pair of Sevens...

I went walkabout to Fat Dan’s to get ribs for lunch. I was carrying the Sony a7 with the 24-240mm zoom my friends bought me, in case I saw things along the way that needed photographing.


Fat Dan’s is packed on a lovely early autumn weekend. There’s a Cubs game and an IU football game on the tellies and the overhead doors that face the street are both rolled up. Both the dining room and sidewalk tables have a bunch of people doing interesting people things.

And I have a full-frame camera with a bazooka of a lens on it that is about as un-subtle as if I started swinging an RPG launcher around. The only way I’d be less able to get candids would be with a big ol’ putty-colored Canon L-lens.

I wish I’d brought my black Pentax Q7 with the 15-45mm f/2.8 zoom. I’d order another beer and just sit here against the wall and enjoy myself...


No comments: