Thursday, November 08, 2012

Collector Grade Paper from the S&W Custom Shop

So while I was driving down to pick Bobbi up from work last night, I was monitoring enemy radio frequencies for actionable intel listening to NPR, and the lead-in for their business program was pretty funny. The host, almost petulantly, said (and I'm paraphrasing, here) "All along, Wall Street and investors have said they were leery of uncertainty and that's why they were holding back, and so now that the election's over and there's some certainty, how did they react?"

I snarled at the radio "That's because there is some certainty now, you drooling moron! The certainty that the economy's Borked* for at least another two years!"

There was a bright spot in the otherwise dismal market, though: Every hundred bucks you had in gun manufacturer stocks on Tuesday is a hundred and ten bucks today.

Gosh. Who saw that coming?


*And that's a considered use of the verb "to Bork", for its multiple layers of meaning here.

12 comments:

TXGunGeek said...

Cindi Laupers next pop hit, "She Borks"?!?!?!?

og said...

bork! Bork! Bork!

-Swedish Chef.

Bubblehead Les. said...

Never could figure out why the Propaganda Arm of the Wobblys are always looking like Deer in the Headlights when they talk about the Economy. I mean, they do want to Destroy Capitalism, right? But as their Plan marches forward, they seem to be getting more and more scared that it might come true. And they are NOT Immune.

And it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of people.

Bob said...

Somebody say Bork?

http://youtu.be/sY_Yf4zz-yo

Ed said...

It is usually not in the best interest of the parasite for the host to die.

Luton Ian said...

I take my Borka off to you for your ability to listen to brain rotting keynesianism.

'fraid my radio's tuned to classical music, and that alone.

NotClauswitz said...

If you get a sucking-blood tick stuck onto you, do you rotate it clockwise or counter-clockwise?
I've heard the cigarette-butt trick is unwise and leaves embedded tick-parts.

dave said...

Tam,

Speaking of custom guns. Do you know anyone who'd be capable of doing a fully custom M1911 slide. Considering doing some real life trolling and having something like this built.

http://i.imgur.com/PB9tY.jpg

Cincinnatus said...

NotClauswitz, a dab of vaseline to cover 'em up so they can't breath.

Old NFO said...

Good points... and ammo and gun sales went through the ROOF yesterday!!!

Douglas Hester said...

I purchased several thousand shares of SWHC a couple of weeks ago in sad anticipation of such an electoral result. Believe me I take no joy in the fact that my hunch turned out to be correct.

MSgt B said...

Wow. You used "Borked".

I didn't think anyone remembered that guy.


Impressed.