Friday, June 27, 2014

That was exhausting...

Long dream, lots of stuff happened; another one of those "year in a night" types where you wake up tired.

Near the end of it, I got a job flying for Delta, except it was some very disorganized nightmare version of Delta that gave you hardly any training and then emailed you your schedule and you were expected to fly standby to wherever your first route originated...

Which was how I ended up roaming the tarmac of some airport in Outer Dirkadirkastan in the middle of the night, wary of kidnappers and VBIEDs, getting the stinkeye from shifty-looking Pashtun ground crew and taxi drivers, wondering why I hadn't gotten my uniforms and was it an excused absence if you got lost and the plane you were supposed to be in the right seat of took off without you?
.

9 comments:

Scott J said...

I've been sleeping on my right side more often as my ankle heals and I've noticed it makes my dreams more bizarre and more memorable than when I sleep on my left as normal.

Last night I was on a starship and Picard came aboard (not clear if he was a guest or prisoner) and he goes off on some rant about his brother that made all in earshot uncomfortable. It was very unbecoming of a captain.

Wednesday night I dreamt the truck's head gasket well and truly blew to the point of stranding the truck while in the midst of moving some furniture. That one was so vividly real I was quite relieved to awake and realize it was safely in the back yard and still operable rather than stranded in a WalMart parking lot off US 280.

NAVIGATOR said...

RULE OUT SLEEP APNEA
RULE OUT PIZZA PRIOR TO RETIRING THEN WE SAY " WHAT DO YOU THINK THE DREAM MEANS TO YOU..."

KM said...

it was some very disorganized nightmare version of Delta

That would be: Delta.

Sherm said...

Actually that sounds exactly like my BIL's description of being a Delta pilot. He was an experienced DC9 and DC10 (actually KC10 and C9) pilot when hired but was so disgusted with the Delta operation that he quit midway through 727 training and now flies for United.

That Guy said...

From my experiences on Delta, that sounds pretty spot on.

Cincinnatus said...

"... ended up roaming the tarmac of some airport in Outer Dirkadirkastan in the middle of the night, wary of kidnappers and VBIEDs, getting the stinkeye from shifty-looking Pashtun ground crew and taxi drivers ..."

Sounds like Atlanta.

Sidheshooter said...

LOLs @KM!

I made the mistake of eating wood-fired pepperoni and hipster cheese za--along with a couple pints of local Kolsch--too close to bedtime last night. In addition to disconcerting dreams revolving around an imaginary gasket on a Mini Cooper supercharger, I think I may have been a shifty Pashtun ground crew worker trying to source the British/German auto parts, in-country...

Kristophr said...

I suspect your bizzarro-Delta is a better employer than real life Delta.

Rabbit said...

Delta. We get you close.