Monday, April 13, 2015

Continuing story...

So, yesterday, nursing an awful headache and recovering from whatever virus had been making me miserable, I got some reading done. Because I know a guy, I got my hands on the soon-to-be-released Angles of Attack, the third book in Marko's Frontlines series.

I read the first nine pages before bed the other night. I read the next three-hundred and twenty-nine pages in one lick on the sofa yesterday. As with the previous two books in the series, Marko has yet again written a novel whose biggest flaw is that the covers are too close together; I'm going to need to reread it to tide myself over until book four drops.

The plot steps along smartly, all your favorite supporting characters (along with some new faces) make appearances, and there are explosions a-go-go, from ground combat with giant aliens to some pretty cool space battle scenes. Oh, and an earlier side-plot gets fleshed out and steps front and center.

Get to typin', Mr. Hugo Nominee! Make with the words, already. *clangs empty tin bowl against cage bars*