Friday, July 29, 2016

Perfect Ten?

I put another hundred rounds of 10mm Auto downrange yesterday, fifty of the S&B 180gr FMJ and fifty of the Sig Sauer Elite Performance  180gr FMJ. (Indy Arms Co. has both the Sig FMJ and American Eagle in stock for range ammo.)

First up was the S&B, which claims a velocity of 1164 fps at the box flap. I fired it into that upper grouping at ten yards. It felt a little boomier than the Prvi or the Armscor, but not as stout as the Sig Sauer FMJ. I hope to get some chrono numbers for it from the range on Monday.

I then brought the target back in to five yards and fired the fifty rounds of Sig Sauer ammo weak-hand-only into that lower mess. By the time I was finished with the second mag, I was kinda regretting my decision; that stuff was a handful shooting one-handed with my left hand. Round #71 of the day (#401 of the test) was a failure-to-feed, a classic "limp wrist" malfunction caused by me holding the gun way too lightly, trying to fight an incipient flinch by focusing really hard on the trigger and forgetting to keep a good grip.

There were no other malfunctions to report.

This makes 430 rounds since the Glock 20 was cleaned or lubricated, with one failure to feed (#401). 1570 rounds to go.
.