Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Rush to Irrelevancy?

The CD changer in the Zed Drei's trunk crapped out years ago, and the cassette player in the head unit followed it shortly thereafter.

There's so much wind noise at highway speeds that getting a new stereo hasn't been high on my priority list, anyway.

Therefore I listen to the radio, and that means I just keep it tuned to NPR. It's not a good audio environment for music, so that means talk radio.I suppose I could listen to right-wing talk radio, but I prefer to be lied to polysyllabically.

Driving cross country is like island-hopping from NPR island to NPR island with little zones of country music and radio preachers in the interstices. Usually.

However, once past Tuscaloosa, Alabama, I couldn't find a good NPR signal until I was almost on the outskirts of New Orleans. On the way down to Tac-Con, I got preached at across Mississippi, but on the way back, I decided to listen to Rush Limbaugh.

I swear to God, from Hattiesburg to the Alabama state line, that dude did nothing but bitch about Millennials. Is this a new conservative thing? Because declaring your movement off limits to an entire generation is, well...it makes poor Rush sound ot-nay oo-tay ight-bray, if you know what I mean.
.