Sunday, June 04, 2006

Blog Stuff: Happy to be me.

So this morning it was 75 degrees, low humidity, the sky was "severe clear" (as the pilots I used to work around termed it), the top was down on the Beemer, and "Red Barchetta" by Rush was blaring on the car stereo as I wended my way through the twisty farm roads in a pur sang sports car on my way to work. I was having a difficult time feeling sorry for myself.





After work, I again dropped the top on the Zed Three and blitzed home down the same roads. Then I sat on the porch, lit a couple of candles, and watched a smoulderingly gorgeous sunset across the lake. I wouldn't have traded places with anybody on the planet. At times like this, it must suck not being me. ;)

5 comments:

phlegmfatale said...

Yeah, your day definitely trumps mine!

Anonymous said...

I stumbled on your page while googling for the exact words to the Kipling quote you used (albeit modified) in your comment on New Orleans. Permit me to say just this: You are Way Cool, and I am grateful to whatever serendipity brought me here. Guns, Rush, Atlas Shrugged...you rock. (Or, in the common net vernacular, you are teh r0xx0r.)

BobG said...

Nice view; it would make a person want to view sunset sunrise more often.

Cowboy Blob said...

Must be nice to have it all :)

While I was home in PA, the temps rarely rose above 65 in the daytime, but I never saw many of the stars at night. I got back to AZ where I play in a brightly lit oven, but the nights are dazzling. The monsoons are just starting up, so the sunrises and sunsets promise to be spectacular.

A.C. McCloud said...

Severe clear, aka CAFB. There's an acronym for everything.