Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Blog Stuff: This may sound funny...

...coming from someone who carries a $400 pocket knife, but you have got to have a screw loose to pay $943.43 for something you're going to flush down the toilet in an hour.

On the same note, Krieghoff has announced that they will resume production of Luger pistols, beginning with the serial number they left off at back when they were bombed flat by the 8th Air Force. Now, the P.08 is a pistol that is notoriously unamenable to modern mass production techniques, but $12,000?!? I don't care if they dig up ol' Georg Luger's remains and use squeezins from him to lubricate the guns; these are reproductions. You can buy real Krieghoff Lugers for less than that.

Quick quiz: "A ____ and his _____ are soon ______." Fill in the blanks. Ready? Go!


(Inspired by a post over at pdb.)

9 comments:

BobG said...

I could buy some nice firearms for that much; I can think of a few items from Freedom Arms that I could get and only use a portion of that.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a joke!

Two old biddies are sippin' tea on the porch, complaining about their menfolk.

"Sam is so durned stupid! Why, if there's two boxes of oats sitting on the general store shelf, and one of 'em's empty, he'll buy the empty box if it's cheaper!" Says Darlene.

Charlene replies: "Well, if you think that's bad, my Fred will buy the empty box if it costs MORE!"

I think Fred is looking forward to his $12000 P08.

Kevin said...

Hmm...

Will the new Lugers be offered in .45ACP?

(You're absolutely right. $12k is asinine.)

Paul said...

Answers: fool. money. partying.

:)

phlegmfatale said...

I like a rather nice bottle of champers (Moet's White Star for $35ish, and Veuve Clicquot Yellow labelf for 100ish on special occasions) but I sorta draw the line at peeing/pooping anything with a higher pricetag than my car note. Oh, I've got good taste, I just value the sense of my finances more than the fleeting joys of the palate.
And that squeezings from Luger himself line was pure-d vintage Tam, one for the lexicon.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure both the owners of the new Lugers will enjoy their pistols.

Tam said...

Re: Cristal.

Future Headline: "Hip-Hop Star Drinks Fortune; Pisses It All Away."


Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week.

Anonymous said...

At that price, I'd start digging up Field Marshals and checking their pockets.

El Capitan said...

For 12 grand, I might be persuaded to buy a repro Mauser Broomhandle done in carbon fiber & titanium, but only if you threw in 5000 rounds of ammo and a used pickup truck.