Friday, September 19, 2014

Excuse me, how do you get to Carnegie Hall?

MkIII 22/45 with a lotta miles on the clock
I've been a member at the Marion County Fish & Game club for, I think, three years now. Those first couple years, my range time probably worked out to $50+/visit. Not so, this year. So far I've been successfully busting caps at least weekly, and sometimes two or three times a week.
Glock 19 in Dark Star Gear holster
More importantly, I've been more consciously trying to improve specific things, rather than just "shootin'". Working from the holster against the clock. Shooting smaller or further targets. Working on speed and transitions. And because I'm trying to keep track of benchmarks, I can see where I'm improving.

It's a lot easier to see improvement that way, as opposed to just shooting the same old holes in the same old B-27 at seven yards. Maybe I'll even start a training journal over at p-f.com, because I have SO much room for improvement. I'm just getting started.
Glock 19 with CTC LightGuard
So anyway, the point of this is that yesterday, as I was shooting steel plates at 25 yards weak hand only, I was happy that I'd been putting in the effort that I usedta wouldn't so that now I could do things I usedta couldn't.