Thursday, March 16, 2017

Going faster...

Back to the range with the Wilson yesterday morning. I fired a magazine at the top left 2" circle at five yards, then ran the target out to seven yards and shot the remainder of the first box at the 3x5 card. Since there was nobody else on the pistol lanes, I decided to use the remaining box to go ahead and flout the speed limit a little.

Now, bear in mind that I am slow as molasses and a .30 split on an 8" circle at 21 feet is blazing fast for me. And that one was a hit, as were a couple .31's...

So, about five of those are legit misses on the 8" circle, which shows that I was indeed pushing my speed. And that pushing my speed is still pretty darn slow.

But, hey, I'm not going to get faster unless I try to get faster. I don't mind those misses on the 8" circle at all. (But those two dropped shots on the 3x5? Those chap my ass.)

There were no malfunctions of any kind to report.

This makes 200 rounds fired since the pistol was last cleaned or lubed, with one FTE not charged to the gun at round #29. 1,800 rounds to go.
.