Monday, February 26, 2018

Random Thoughts on the Current Issues...


  • I have never used my NRA membership to get a discount on anything. While I was vaguely aware that some companies offered member discounts, I couldn't have told you what those discounts were or which companies offered them if you put an AR-15 to my head.

  • Nobody's trying to conscript teachers into the gun debate. All we're asking is that teachers who are already trusted/permitted/licensed/trained...whatever...to carry a gun for sixteen hours a day be trusted to carry it the other eight, too. They currently carry at McDonald's, on the playground, in Toys 'R' Us, so what makes everyone think the wheels are going to suddenly come off if they carry in the classroom, too? Seven states already permit it, so people should take a chill pill on the issue.

  • Told ya he'd fold.