Sunday, November 22, 2020

Unsolicited Product Endorsement Redux

 A year after Shootin' Buddy gifted it to me, I gave a glowing endorsement to the Maxpedition Fliegerduffel.

I just realized this morning that post was a decade ago. I've used this bag for eleven years now, in car trunks for road trips, a couple times as a carry-on on plane flights, and I don't know how many dozens of times it's been used as checked baggage in an airliner cargo hold.

No fraying, no unraveling, no popped seams... The only thing that's gone wrong was I accidentally untied one of the 550 cord loops on one of the zipper pulls and keep forgetting to replace it.

Since 2014, the blowout kit I got from Ambulance Driver's Shooter Self Care class at NRAAM* a blowout kit has been attached to the MOLLE webbing on the outside of the bag, and it's survived all that travel intact, too.

On this most recent trip, it even managed to get squoze into the teeny overhead bin on a CRJ200, and those things are tiny.

More than ten years on, the Maxpedition Fliegerduffel is still a heck of a bag.

*Wrong kit. That one's in the Z3, and this one was bought in a group buy later that year.*

.