Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Automotif CCXXXVII...

The Rolls Royce Wraith is a hard car to miss. It's two and a half tons of metal, leather, wilton wool, wood veneer, and twin-turbo V12. Over seventeen feet long, with a roofline most of five feet high, it's a coupe of near SUV-proportions.

I was tooling down 54th to shoot the new Kimber test gun at Indy Arms Co. when I noticed this in the parking lot at the American Legion hall, so I swung in to get photos with the little Nikon D3000 in the passenger seat.


Notice the Rolls logo is upright on all four center caps? Yeah, they don't spin. I have to replace a couple little roundel center caps on the Zed Drei every few years when they get bounced loose on Indy's bomb-cratered streets. Fortunately the plastic caps on the Bimmer are cheap. I should start keeping a spare or two in the trunk. Hopefully the ones on the Roller are more secure, since a set of four that claim to be OEM goes for seven bills on Amazon.

.