Monday, November 29, 2021

Tribal Signaling

Oh, for heaven's sake, either cover your germholes in enclosed public spaces or don't, fellow Broad Riparians. There's no mandate in Marion County anymore and hasn't been for months if you're vaccinated or a liar, and I think Fresh Market is the only place I go regularly that still has signs up, although nobody's enforcing them and only half anybody pays them any mind*. 

But walking around a grocery store or restaurant performatively protecting the world from your chin germs in an apparent effort to let everyone know you didn't vote for Trump is just ridiculous.

Sign at Roberts Camera from middle of last year.

*My personal rule of thumb is if they're making the employees wear masks, then I'll pull one on while I'm in there out of solidarity. I know these people by name; I've been shopping in the same stores for many years now, and if they're going to make my friendly neighborhood cashier wear one for eight hours, I can put one on for five minutes while I'm dropping off film or picking up bagels because I'm not a giant douche.