Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Countdown...

Only three more days for me to do photography at the State Fair this year.

The Fair is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays and, much like public shooting ranges and the zoo, I avoid the Fair on evenings and weekends. It's way too people-y then for my tastes.


Instead I like to go during what I jokingly call "retiree hours", weekday mornings before lunchtime. Anyone who's worked at a public range knows exactly what I'm talking about*.


I'll spend an hour or two roaming around, mostly the Pioneer Village area, then maybe grab a bite to eat and ride one of the little tractor-powered shuttles once around the grounds before leaving.


Three more days, and then it's waiting until next year...


*Every indoor range has its weekday morning regulars who will come in with their .22 pistols, Walmart bulk pack ammo, and paper plate homemade targets and while away an hour or two, plinking and kibitzing.
.