Monday, November 20, 2006

Weekend update...

Had a good time with the folks. Went to McKay's, Calhoun's, and Borders. They dropped me back off at Gillespie, where I went inside, was handed the bill, and... and...

Whoah! That was a bit more than I was planning on. (In all fairness, I had all the accessory drive belts replaced, too.)

Anyhow...

Saturday at the shop started out busy, and Sunday was an absolute zoo.

Did my part on National Ammo Day by picking up 100 rounds of Speer 9mm Lawman to feed my AR carbine, Radom, and S&W 547. (Why don't I own any normal 9mm guns, like a Beretta or Glock?)

...and now it's off to work. :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did my part on Saturday. 1100+ rounds of .22(can one ever have enough .22LR?) 100 .45 Hornany XTP Hollowpoint Bullets, 100 .30 Speer carbine bullets and around 500 Winchester primers Large and Small Pistol (I reload most everything).

Anonymous said...

I assume you decided that they would do your brake work insead of doing it yourself, then?

Regards,
Rabbit.

Matt G said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt G said...

For Nat. Ammo Day, I bought a box of 50 MagTech .380 auto, a box of 50 UMC 130g .38 Spl., and a box of 50 MagTech 230gr FMJ .45 acp. at CheaperThanDirt. Cheesey low-end ammo that goes bang and puts holes through paper, for my qualifications.

Anonymous said...

National Ammo Day? I ended up with a brick of .45 FMJ (250 rounds)and then celebrated by going to see the latest Bond.

NotClauswitz said...

2 50-round boxes of .30 Carbine from Wal-Mart, hope these Numrich magazines work better than the MagTech ones.

Anonymous said...

National Ammo Day say me leave WallyWorld with 550rds of Federal .22, 100rds of WWB in 9mm, 100rds of WWB in .40, and 100rds of Remington .45 as well as cleaning supplies and targets.

Brass

Anonymous said...

You own a 547? Okay. Yes, I'm now officially jealous.

One of these days I'm going to have to track down a Marlin Camp 9 and a S&W 547 just so that I have all "platforms" in 1 caliber.

Brandon said...

I bought a Chipmunk rifle for my oldest on National Ammo Day. No, it ain't ammo, but I've got quite a few boxes of .22 waiting to keep this little shooter busy!

Anonymous said...

For me, national ammo day consisted of a brick of cheap Remington .22 LR, five boxes of Fiocchi 12-ga. slugs, and 500 rounds of Georgia Arms 9mm ammo. Gun shows rock.