Monday, November 15, 2010

My mind is going, Dave. I can feel it.

So the WaPo runs an op-ed piece from some Democrat who wants Barry to claim his greatness by forgoing hopes for reelection and making the hard and unpopular choices now.

By asking The One to not walk across the reflecting pool a second time, a firestorm was unleashed in the comments section that rivals anything to be found on YouTube in its capacity to Hoover the IQ points right out your optic nerve. Seriously, the thought of these people left alone in a voting booth for thirty seconds scares me positively spitless.
"One accomplishment of the Obama administration is that this year there is no flu vaccine shortage."

"I rather like the idea of "hand to hand combat" with the Republicans."

"Plagarized excrement. This "idea" was taken, nearly word-for-word, from a Tea-Bagger document that was written last year. In addition to being "anything for anyone with a buck" political prostitutes, Caddell and Schoen are now in the employ of the most dangerous and deadly political group this nation has ever seen."
Oy, veh! My brain is all hurty now.

9 comments:

McVee said...

Yeah, tolerance for thee but not for Me. I thought the educated, enlightened light bringers were opposed to violence? I liked it better when the hippies just wanted to hang out and get high...

WV: denvegen. "denvegens are getting all riled up!"

Anonymous said...

I was looking forward to "hand-to-hand" combat between Barack and Hillary.

Weetabix said...

I hope you had your muck boots on before you waded in over there...

George said...

""I rather like the idea of "hand to hand combat" with the Republicans.""

BRING IT ON! I, for one, very much look forward to hand to hand combat with leftists. Lemme go sharpen my combat knife and my kurkhi.

Lewis said...

. . . Caddell and Schoen are now in the employ of the most dangerous and deadly political group this nation has ever seen.

As the current phone commercial asks, "Really? REALLY?"

lelnet said...

If they want "hand-to-hand combat with Republicans" they'll discover quickly the error of bringing fists to a gun fight.

I, of course, being a relatively-patriotic American, do _not_ look forward to the day when our political disputes are widely settled with violence. But I do know that if/when that day comes, our side will be better prepared for it than theirs.

Matt G said...

"By asking The One to not walk across the reflecting pool a second time, a firestorm was unleashed in the comments section that rivals anything to be found on YouTube in its capacity to Hoover the IQ points right out your optic nerve. Seriously, the thought of these people left alone in a voting booth for thirty seconds scares me positively spitless."
That's good stuff, right there.

NotClauswitz said...

You have a much higher tolerance for the absurd (and ridiculously macabre) than I do anymore.
An interesting thing about modern-era bayonets seems to be that they are most valued when they are original and un-sharpened - but a kukuri has a very sharp edge. One is pointy-sticky, the other is slicey-dicey. But my old-school 1900 dated Krag bayonet is also very sharp and slicey-original.

staghounds said...

"Obama could better make hard decisions about Iran, North Korea and Afghanistan based on what is reasonable and responsible for the United States".

That right there, from Democrats, is a terrifying statemnt.

Because if he's thinking about reelection, he can't be expected to do that.